Saturday, March 20, 2010

Baked Lemon Chicken

If there is one thing we eat a great deal of in this family, it's chicken. It's a wonder none of us has sprouted feathers and a beak. Needless to say, we are always on the hunt for new ways to prepare this dietary staple. When I came across a recipe in the Taste of Home Cookbook for baked lemon chicken, I decided to give it a try even though I am not the biggest fan of lemon-flavored anything and I wasn't sure how it would be accepted by the picky-eaters who call themselves my children. But, I was looking for a way to keep things fresh and interesting so I bought the necessary ingredients and prayed it would turn out well. I needn't have worried. The kids adored it (in fact, I prepared plain baked chicken for them just in case and it went untouched!) and I found it very refreshing to my lemon-challenged pallette. It came out unbelievably moist and tender and the bread crumb coating lends itself to a nice crunchy exterior. And, it's a snap to make!

Baked Lemon Chicken
Prep: 10 min.
Bake: 25 min.

3 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (If you have a food processor and can make your own, even better!)
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz. each)

1. In a shallow bowl, combine butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another bowl.

2. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumbs. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Drizzle with the remaining butter mixture.

3. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear.

Yield: 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment